Dr. Steven Baca joined Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture in Springfield, MO in spring 2014. He uses his wide range of specialties to detect health issues and find drug-free solutions including chiropractic adjustments, therapies, acupuncture, and nutrition. You can read about Dr. Baca’s experience and credentials below or schedule an appointment to experience why his personal tagline is:, “When you feel like kaka, call Dr. Baca.”
- Currently seeking Diplomat from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists
- Logan Chiropractic College: April 1999
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Acupuncture Society of America- Kansas City, MO: December 2008
- Meridian Therapy and Acupuncture Certification
- Southwest Missouri State University (Missouri State University): December 1994
- Bachelor of Science in Communications
- Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture: May 2015- present
- Private practice in Springfield, MO: March 2011-April 2014
- Baca Natural Health & Diagnostic Center, Springfield MO: 2004-February 2011
- Chiropractic Arts Building-Springfield, MO: April 2003-September 2004
- Baca Chiropractic-Ozark, MO: August 1999-April 2003
- Science Based Nutrition
- First Line Therapy (Metagenics)
- Kinseo-tape certified
- Missouri State Chiropractic Association
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- The Kitchen Medical Clinic
- and more! Visit our partners page to see a complete (and growing) list of community partners.
Native to: New Mexico. I moved to Missouri in 1988 to go to school and play football at SBU. Then attended and graduated from Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield, MO.
First job: Working as a gas station attendant. I did oil changes, tire rotations, and pumped gas. I did everything you’d do at a gas station. I look at everything like my dad told me to, “If you’re going to do something. Do it right.”
Why did you become a chiropractor?
One helped me when I was 8 years old, and I knew that’s what I wanted to do—help people.
Who was the biggest influence on your career?
Probably my parents, because they always said to chase my dreams.
Where can we find you when you’re not working?
In the woods or on the lake: hunting or fishing.
What is your goal as a parent?
I want my kids to know right from wrong, good from bad, and treat others as you’d like others to treat you.
If you could posses one super-hero power, what would it be?
Probably flying, because everybody wants to fly.
What is your favorite food?
If you weren’t a doctor, what job would you be doing?
I’d probably be a professional hunting guide.
What’s the one problem you’re best at solving for your patients?
Giving patients an understanding of why a patient’s symptoms are happening is what I am really good at. After I give a patient a report of findings, most times they say, “That makes sense.” I am good at communicating patient’s health issues in terms they understand.
“Dr Loehr, Dr Baca, Dr Labrie, and Dr Johnson and the whole staff are the most caring people I have ever met across the board in the healthcare realm! Thanks for all you do! You guys are great!!” Kimberly Wilself— Facebook review:June 2014